Saturday, December 13, 2008

Epic for all the right reasons or The Molten Mess

In honor of the end of classes my friends decided I would make a cake. This cake in fact. And we knew that it would be delicious in our mouths and we would eat it.

It turned into a pretty epic cake.

A daunting task ahead of me

Taken no less than 1.5 hours after the first photo. You can't see me but i'm covered in cake stuffs.

MMMM LOOKS GOOD DOES IT NOT?

.... Right until I poured that chocolate ganache on.

Things I have learned from this experience: Ganache is hot. Hot things melt frosting. They melt frosting right off the cake. And you know what else? If you do the ganache wrong, it separates into oil and chocolate paste. You cannot see it and I didn't want to take that tragic photograph, but that is exactly what happened to this cake. It was a molten mess of peanut butter frosting and semi-sweet chocolate goo clinging to the porous fluff of the inner cake.

I then transported this cake all the way out to Allston in that driving rain last Thursday. Four of my hungriest friends, and myself could barely make a dent in this rich Reeses cup masterpiece. As shitty as that beast looks? THAT WAS HOW DELICIOUS IT WAS.

Cleanup was kind of a bitch though. Just sayin.

Also, subbed light cream for the half and half in the ganache. No difference, imho.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.