Sunday, January 11, 2009

Burgers in Winter

Today I was bored. So I made a chicken curry burger. Wanna know what's hard to do without a meat grinder? Make ground chicken. You have to mince the raw chicken and then crush it with the flat of your blade. It takes about 25 minutes to "grind" a normal sized chicken breast.

Worth it?

OMG GENIUS

*salivate*

VERY MUCH SO YES.

Here's how to make the burger.

I also have curried mayonnaise as a dressing. For that I just added a strong dash of paprika and a 1/2 tsp thai red curry paste to 3 tbsp Hellmann's Mayo. In addition the burger is garnished with iceberg lettuce and Newman's Own Pineapple Salsa (medium). The taste is super lean but in the future I am adding more curry powder to the chicken mixture. I only made one patty, even though the recipe called for 4, but reducing the amounts must not have worked out. I'm just gonna eyeball it in the future.

It was also made in an oven set to broil, NOT on the grill. I dont' know how well the chicken mixture will stand up to an open grill, since it was not firm at all and I had to use a pan in my oven for it.

P.S. If you have the time to prepare the meat, I cannot communicate how AMAZING this burger tastes. Try it!

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.