Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Pics or it didn't happen!

This week I've prepared apple pork pie with caramelized onion crust. Need I say more?!

Well, yes.

It is made of savory win.

(recipe)

pre- my oven


post- my oven

The consensus from the people who ate them at the potluck was that they were sweeter than savory and they couldn't taste the pork very much. The apple juices, sage and other spices pooled at the bottom though so actually the end of the pie-lets was the best part. A couple of the RA's asked for the recipe, even! I am very pleased with myself (again), but seriously they are the best people to cook for. Its a little cook's ego trip. They are always so complimentary and think that I put in time (sometimes I do, sometimes I lie) and are always very appreciative of that time. Residents, dinner guests, and ex-boyfriends are not nearly as polite or happy to eat my food.

I want to try making a thinner crust, and making them smaller. If they were smaller they'd be phenomenal hors d'oeuvres. Needs more sage in the future, and I need to invest in a food processor or blender, a rolling pin, and some allspice, not necessarily in that order. I wonder if its worth buying it all beforfe I move away?

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.